Donate

My Personal Blog­®

Pages on this online diary are written in the font called: SIGNATURE REGULAR. _ Should the page-font display incorrectly as TIMES NEW ROMAN, ARIAL etc., simply Download and Save the SIGNATUR.TTF font. _ Screen Resolution for this diary is: 1024 x 768 pixels.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Anne's funeral.

Miss Day came ànd got me at 13:25hrs.

I drøve her Getz to the St. John's Cathedral
in KL. \ We arrìved one hour early.
(Felt good to drive agàin, since I don't have any money to buy a car.)

At 14:52hrs, the hearse (which looked more
like an ambulance-van) pulled up at
thê front entrance. The name on the side read: Norman's.., from Jalan Gasing ín PJ.
Anne's coffin was all white. / Come to think of it, I don't think I've EVER seen a white coffin before.
`In my life, I 've seen many dead bodies
ìn coffins and caskets, but today's
experiencê was truly somethin' else...Anne's facial EXPRESSION was so peaceful.
Her skin was flawless!

In fact, ít was kinda hard for me
to believe ìt was really her in that coffin.
$he looked ten times better than this
picture in tøday's newspaper:
Expand.
Anne's maiden name and married
name

look

almost identical ... but they're not.

"Perera" / "Pereira".

Anyway, Tianne was called to say a few

words, and she went up to the podium

and spoke extremely well. I was impressed,

for Not everyone has what it takes, to stand

in front of a congregàtion and shàre

their personal feelings ànd lifestory.

` Just about the time she said:

"I know mummy would have wanted us

to put a smile on our faces", it began to

rain heavily outside. And at one point,

there was á single LOUD thunder. ~

Felt a bit eerie, àctually.

ßy the timê the service was over and

done with (àt 16:00hrs), the raìn had

stopped, but the people continued to just

sìt there quietly, as ìf reluctant tø leave

the church.

Although I couldn't see the other two ends

of this church, (this Cathedral ís shaped

like a letter T...exactly the shape of

a T-shirt.) I would guess thàt the entire

turnout was probably anywhere between

500 - 700 peøple. It wás clear that Anne

was liked and loved by many...and I could

see that shê hàd touched many lives,

judging frøm those people's expressíon and

behavior.

This was one special funeral, indeed.

No wailing; No rolling on the floor

and No gnashing of teeth.

Beàutiful.

- - -

Persønally, I Never feel sorry for the dead.

The dêad have gone away...into

another dimensíon.

It makes more sense to feel sørry for

those who are left behind on thìs planet.

ßiting fingernails and wøndering whêre

the hell the help ìs gonna cøme from.

- - - - - - - -

The difference between a Casket and

a Coffin ìs the shape.

A casket ís shaped like a rectàngular box.

A coffin howêver, gets narrowêr towards

the bottøm...and broàder at the shoulders.

#11C080

- - -
- - -