Donate

My Personal Blog­®

Pages on this online diary are written in the font called: SIGNATURE REGULAR. _ Should the page-font display incorrectly as TIMES NEW ROMAN, ARIAL etc., simply Download and Save the SIGNATUR.TTF font. _ Screen Resolution for this diary is: 1024 x 768 pixels.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Reformatting My Life!

Thank God I have a wonderful woman who loves me.
- - -
The date was Thursday August 11th, 2005.
This computer could not reformat, could not detect Windows & OS (Operating System), could not read some data, etc. etc. etc.
Major problem.
Sent for repairs but to no avail.
Finally, a new Hard Disk (manufactured by Seagate) was purchased from Pineapple computer company. Had to spend more than two hundred and fifty five bucks.
But who cares? Hardly anyone cares.

When things get worn out, ìt ain't right to hold on to them.
This not only applies to computers, machines and electrical household items, but clothes, shoes, pillows, tires...and even a Davenport, too. Unfortunately, some are forced to grit their teeth and live with what they have, because they simply do not have a choice. How sad.

Being without the internet allowed me to sit quietly in sorrow for many days and think...
...and thínk...
...and think.
What was I hoping from those across the globe?
That they'd make a concerted effort to ask their affluential friends to help turn a total stranger's life around??? Of course not. Some are just as unreliable as the locals are.
I am still waiting to be proven wrong on this.

But wait...I could have told them I was a victim of the Tsunami and that I had lost everything, but THAT in itself, would have been nothin' more than a downright lie...And it is not in my nature to fabricate stories over the internet. On the contrary, I would much prefer to tell people honestly, what I think of them. Some are able to accept it, and some aren't.

Not everyone on the internet takes things SERIOUSLY.
Many are so programmed to the "internet mentality" of chatrooms and find it extremely difficult to fully understand and comprehend real life situations.
To them, everything is just a game...which is why some still E-mail greeting cards to me DIRECTLY from off of those greeting card sites, even after I had asked them not to do so.

Being without the internet for so many days, also presented the opportunity to see how many "friends" would actually go get a fifty five minute, five Dollar calling card and dial 01160193790097 between 11:00hrs and 16:00hrs EST.
Only one did.
Hmnn...interesting.

Well, ALL data has been lost from the external X Drive...and that means all my photographs, all the URLs of other sites, Files, Folders - And Just About Everything of my past has been erased!
It is like reformatting my life.

Today is Tuesday, August 16th, 2005.

My name is Celestino and I am still alive.

- - -
- - -