But I Said NO.
Gerry came by earlier - at 17:00hrs, to collect Teresa's GUITAR. He said he would return it to her.
He said I had lost weight and asked how I was doing financially. I replied "still the same". He laughed and remarked: "then it's not so good then!"
Well, after four years and three months, I'm sure he would know, for I've never made anything more than 3,000 U.S. dollars a year since 2001.
He told me that he would apply for an American Visa NEXT WEEK, as Reverend Father Joe Pereira (or Perera) a priest at a church named Sacred Heart, somewhere in Louisiana, had invited him over.
He also told me that he'd be moving home, and that the check for the CDs sold at Monfort Boys Town in Shah Alam last month, had not been collected yet, as Brother Robin who signs checks, was away in The Philippines. 20% will be donated to them, it seems. I said forget about giving me any money and "consider it as my contribution to The Antioch Song Ministry."
Then, probably realizing his mistake (for sending that
E-mail without my knowledge, from Veronica's computer, insisting that all work must STOP immediately) he had the audacity to ask me to still continue doing stuff for him and such, But I said No. Can't have one foot in one place and the other in some other place. That's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place - unsure, fickle-minded and insecure.
Furthermore, I would be pretty stupid to put myself through all that disappointment and heartache again, after losing the car in 2002 due to lack of funds. Duhh!
Locating good, talented church musicians in Malaysia, is very much like "looking for a needle in a haystack"...or searching for Dr. Pepper at local grocery stores and supermarkets, where the salespeople just stare at you, whilst wondering who on earth Dr. Pepper is...hah haa ha!
(Doctor who???) Well, as far as music goes, I'm one of a kind. But it ain't my fault that at least three (two of whom are in The U.S.A.) had opened their mouths and disclosed personal internet stuff to him, which in my book is called a "Betrayal Of Trust".
Gerry told me that he would "source out musicians" in The U.S.A. - I agreed, and added that he could do whatever he wants, for it would probably be easier to find musical talent in a larger country.
He also said the Antioch website would soon be "taken off", meaning 'abolished'. Well, all these things remain to be seen.
I told Gerry not to wait, but to "move on...and make progress." - After all, I've already moved on.
Well, Teresa's Guitar is no longer with me, so...that's all folks!
[Insert closing theme song from Looney Tunes, here.]
The last thing I said to him as we shook hands at 18:25hrs, was: "God Bless You"... And for ONCE in a long, long time, it held a very different meaning for me. (Some people use those words very casually and without meaning, over the internet.)
- - -
The word 'goodbye' originated from 'God be with ye'.

<< Home