Donate

My Personal Blog­®

Pages on this online diary are written in the font called: SIGNATURE REGULAR. _ Should the page-font display incorrectly as TIMES NEW ROMAN, ARIAL etc., simply Download and Save the SIGNATUR.TTF font. _ Screen Resolution for this diary is: 1024 x 768 pixels.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Gas Tank.

#0CDC99
I called Eng Hong Leong this morning at 11:30hrs and requested him to send a propane gas tank.
He said he would deliever it "this afternoon".
I asked "What time?"
He replied "Five O'Clock."

At 17:01hrs, there was no sign of the gas tank, so I called àgain and asked "Are you coming today?"
He seemed to have forgotten that we had spoken over the phone this morning at 11:30hrs.
Anyway, Eng said he would deliver it "in a little while".
I then asked "Where are you now?"
He replied "I'm in Subang."
Sheesh...there was no way he could be here in "a little while", if he was in Subang.
Traffic on the highway is a killer during rush hour.
So I asked him to send it tomorrow.
He agreed to send it àt "Five O'Clock tomorrow"/

Three hours later (At 20:01hrs) the sun had set and I was trying to take a nap.
Well, the doorbell rang incessantly and someone pounded on the door. Must have thought that I was deaf.
Apparently one of his workers (who looked like a foreigner from India or Bangladesh, and couldn't understand English) showed up with the Gas Tank!
Duhh!
I paid him the $18.20 and thanked him, even though it annoyed the hell out of me to drag myself out of bed.

It was obvious that Eng didn't relay the message to this fellow.
Lack of communication?? Apparently so.
So damn professional, too!

If it wasn't for the fact that this was the ONLY supplier of cooking gas around these here parts, I would have definitely promised myself Never to call him again.

I just hate it when people don't keep their appointments and are never punctual.
For ìf you say "this afternoon" and you can't make it on time, I'd expect you to call and notify me, instead of turning up after the sun has gone down.
Send me the money.

- - -
- - -