Donate

My Personal Blog­®

Pages on this online diary are written in the font called: SIGNATURE REGULAR. _ Should the page-font display incorrectly as TIMES NEW ROMAN, ARIAL etc., simply Download and Save the SIGNATUR.TTF font. _ Screen Resolution for this diary is: 1024 x 768 pixels.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Thank God, it's over.

It ain't always easy to teach creativity, skill and musical talent. In fact, it's almost impossible to teach these three things.
Creativity, Skill and Musical Talent are inborn, not inculcated. No music school in the world can teach a student to 'create from within'.
Last night's Lenten Praise And Worship at The St. Louis church in Taiping was a musical disappointment to me, although everyone else thought it was wonderful. Almost every song ended without proper musical co-ordination. On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a four. And the reason I'd give it a four is...because we had a good sound system, which was sent there from P.J. - or else I'd have given it a three.
The additional singer & musicians with whom Gerry and I were with last night, weren't bad...but they weren't exceptionally fantastic either, although they gave their best.
In my heart, I knew this was the last time (the first was in September 2004) we'd be doing a Praise And Worship with additional musicians, for a long time to come. Disappointed but somewhat relieved, I'd have to say:
Thank God, it's over.
Finding the right musicians & singers who posess good musicianship, talent, tasteful musical creativity, together with the right spirit - in this country, is very difficult. Not every church musician will have what it takes.
Music is an expression - and if musical instruments are played with correct notes and correct chords BUT with lack of emotion, then the entire presentation becomes lifeless and dull.

- - -
- - -